Saturday, February 21, 2009

This is from a steward who I think was giving me fair warning, what do you think?

Reply Forward


From D To Denise




Denise I don't agree with what u are saying because I don't follow no one. And no I am not a coward. But have enough sense to keep my dam job. And I am not going to promote something that has no foundation and no contract. So that is not wise. It is pretty damn stupid if u ask me. Let that union get established and have something to offer and then I would feel more comfortable to consider it. Right know I am not concerned with fighting about a union. We all work for kaiser and if kaiser where to start making cuts. That is not a t or v issue it is my issue. And to be totally honest with u. T and V still have families to feed and need money to live. And just like we get our asses up everyday to go and work for Kaiser and we have to do shit and live through the bs from kaiser so do they. U do whatever u need to do to get a paycheck and benifits and work for kaiser. So check your self with u talk about ignorance. U can't feed kids and give them free benifits on looks. And today I am not going to put nothing on the line for something that has not been established. Unions need time to be established and recognised and I don't put myself under nobody to jeopordise my livly hood or anyone else. So you can keep all that crap u talking. Because it's has no weight. I could even read the rest of your email.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

I think this steward has completely forgotten who she represents. In my mind this issue is not about me or her, it is about all of us! It doesn't sound like she is giving her members a chance to make a decision about what is right for themselves ( she may be a mother but she is not our mother). How many members did SEIU start with? There is one thing we know as stewards and that is Sal is a union building machine( go on NUHW.org and see just how many unions he is ready to file petitions for! and it has only been a few weeks).

She also seems to forget that the Kaiser division is SEIU's second largest division. She also is forgetting we are simply speaking about our former union leadership.

Also, let us not forget! the contract we have today is the contract negotiated and won under the leadership that was removed. The leaders we have now have negotiated far less for the members they represented before us!

The contract although it is very important and first on most people mind is actually the distraction. What I think is just as important is our fututre, if we have poor leadership now what can we hope for in our future contracts or the backing of our members when we need Reps.
It is about the leadership and who will lead us in the direction we want to go.

Andy Stern has repeatedly appointed "Leaders" who are continuely being investigated by our federal government or having to step down for misappropriation of monies.
They accuse Sal of the same but have yet to provide proof, we have asked again and again.

And the farther I dig the more I seems the sole reason for this trusteeship is to squash UHW and divide us.

We as stewards know the importance of staying connected to Northern California and what is this I hear that SEIU wants to help Kaiser divide us North from South! We only got the this good contract because of our strength with Northern California.

Our strength comes from our members, we are a member driven union and because of this we can not keep information that we may fear from our members. But collectively, don't you think our members will make the right decision if you give them true information instead of scare tactics to keep them paralyzed and affraid? I honestly feel our members are stronger than you think they are and smarter.


2 comments:

  1. This may sound harsh - and for this I apologize in advance, but the steward referenced above would do herself and her peers who elected her by resigning her stewardship effective immediately.

    You cannot be a leader if you are scared, and "D" is scared beyond belief - whether it is of KP, or SEIU, or her own shadow, it makes no difference.

    Perhaps what really is scaring her is that she already knows that she is not acting as a true servant of the peers who elected her, but she's too scared to admit that to herself, much less to them.

    It is regrettable, but it is sort of illustrative of the whole SEIU package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting how these emails have been placed on this web site and without my permission. I dont remember anyone asking me Denise to sign any disclosure to have these posted. You know D is Denise Rollins and she has totally called all of the steward council in orange county cowards. This is an shame and if this is what union's have turned out to be they don't help anyone and no one wins. And you silly fools you should started the email with Denise Lathon is addressing Denise Rollins. Get it right! The only people scared are the ones that feel like writing all of this bs on this web site...you can call me anytime you have my phone number

    ReplyDelete